Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

At His feet like Mary

It's been almost a year since my last post. I am alive but during this time some things needed to die. In 2013, I needed a time to myself. Pappa is so good to me. He provided that for me.

He randomly told me one Friday morning to go to Mexico. I did not know why, but was sure of what He told me. A couple of months later, I headed to Mexico. After a rough beginning, I settled in.

It was a beautiful time for me and my Groom. He wanted me all to Himself. He spoke to me about being at His feet like Mary. Luke 10:38-42. Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to Him and said, "Lord do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away form her."

My entire life I have been a Martha. When I gave my life to Jesus, nothing changed in this area of my life. I was "distracted." I would have said the same thing as Martha to Jesus, yet, I would not have thought of myself as "anxious or troubled about many things." I would have looked at this story as Martha being "productive" or "bearing fruit." You know, the typical "go-go" mentality and would have justified it as how God made me.

One day I was waiting at a intersection getting ready to cross the street. I heard Him say look at them. So, I did. I watched as the cars passed me, whizzing by. He said they are busy. I was like that, for a long time, busy. The Chinese character for busy is made up of a heart + kill (ed). It means heart annihilation. We are killing ourselves!! I gave Him some time but not my best, not my first fruit of time. That went to all the "important things" in life that you have to do to be part of society, whether secular/non-believing or believing. You don't want to be looked at as a "sluggard" as proverbs calls it.

So, here I was in Mexico, doing ministry, except, it was mostly just He and I, and I was at His feet. To most of the Church and the world, it looks like nothing, but to Him, It's "the good portion". It's the portion "which will not be taken away" from me. During this time, I pondered on my "works." 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 says, Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw - each ones's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done, If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire." I'm happy that this work won' be burned up. It won't be taken away.

So, it's been a quiet year since my last post on the outside. Pappa has been doing a good work on the inside of me and I'm ready. Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me."

No comments:

Post a Comment