Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

ONE OF MY FIRST LOVES

It's been a few years since I went to India. My trip to India impacted me greatly. I believe that's when I gave my heart to missions. It wasn't my first missionary trip, Cuba was, but I saw how they needed Jesus. When we went to the trash dump in Hyderbad my heart broke in so many ways.

My time in Mexico City brought me back to some of these feelings. We went to minister in two different trash dumps. These trash dumps were a lot dirtier than the one in Hyderabad but the people were just as beautiful in them.


We were going around the dumps and loving people and inviting them to a gathering where we were going to preach about Jesus, give testimonies, feeding them and giving clothes out. In one, we all stopped at this one house and prayed for a mother and her deaf daughter. While we were praying, I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of how when I went to India He had led us right to a little church structure as we drove into the dump. I felt like He was telling me that this woman and her family is a similar divine appointment and will be a contact for our hosts to have when they continue to come back. When I told them what the Holy Spirit had told me and what happened in India they were happy and greatly encouraged.

We prayed for the girl for sometime but did not see in the natural a healing but totally believing that God is still doing a good work in her. During these times when I dont see in the natural what I know God does, which is to heal, I'm reminded by Him that the most important thing is that we love. We loved that mother and her daughter and you could see the difference in their countenances.

It's really that simple. We need to love more! I love being around Iris missionaries because they believe, dream, and love big. I love the people of Mexico and the one's God has put in front of us to stop for. It's like God brought me back to my first love. I am very blessed to have a Pappa that love me so much and allows me to co-labor with Him to show what love looks like. In my wildest dreams, I would have never believed that I would be on an Acts missionary journey.

Our team will be entering Belize on saturday. The journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment